The calendar has flipped to January, which brings with it: (a) the need for massive bundling up; (b) the never failing thrills of the NFL playoffs; and, most importantly, (c) this year’s edition of The Fantasy Baseball Guide, your one-stop shop for preparing for the upcoming Fantasy baseball season.
Once again, we’ve got the deets on the current edition (fittingly called the 2018 guide), and as we always do, we’re here to give you an offer to save some coinage on the mag!
RotoRob has now been contributing to RotoMan’s essential Fantasy tool for 14 of the 19 years the magazine has existed. This time around, we wrote only 306 profiles — much fewer than usual thanks to us being inundated with “real world” work. Stupid real world.
Now, about that offer we alluded to. Once again, we’re giving RotoRob.com readers a chance to save $1 when they order the online version (US$7.99; you need a web connection to view it, but it auto formats to any device or screen) or PDF version (US$9.99; this is a download that can be read on your device, best viewed on a desktop, laptop or tablet) of the magazine.
So, go ahead and surf here, order your product and simply use promo code Rob18 at checkout and Boom! You are now ready to dominate your draft and you can use that buck you saved to buy a premium beer for a change. Now you’re living large!
Once again, this Fantasy bible includes tons of Team RotoRob-related content. Besides RotoRob, current and former RotoRob.com writers that helped make this mag fantastic include: Buck Davidson, Tim McLeod and Herija Green.
In 2018, we’ve added Alex Patton Leader Boards, a fine newcomer. Also, the rookies section has been beefed up by a page in which we focus on some prospects that are bubbling under and a review of last season’s best rookies.
That’s not all. Order the 2018 Fantasy Baseball Guide right now, and you’ll also receive:
- A funny article by Bruce Buschel about Shohei Ohtani and the way this Japanese newcomer confounds the way we’ve always played Fantasy baseball;
- The 30 top rookie candidates for 2018, featuring all the rookie names you need to know;
- Games played by position charts for both major and minor leaguers;
- Position by position cheat sheets;
- Over 1,400 player profiles (306 written by yours truly), complete with roto prices and projections;
- An article about how to undercover this year’s Rhys Hoskins;
- Over 300 picks and pans from Fantasy baseball experts (yes, this includes RotoRob, who last year identified Nolan Arenado, CC Sabathia and Kris Bryant as dudes you wanted on your team, while advising you to steer clear of Garrett Richards, Corey Seager and Jason Hammel);
- Strategy essays; and
- An expert NFBC-style mock draft including analysis.
The publication is expected to hit stands in the middle of January, but of course if you prefer to procure it online, once again, order here and remember to use the Rob18 promo code for a deal!
Now it’s your turn. Let us know in the comments below what you think of this year’s edition.