Jonathan Villar hit a mammoth shot on Thursday.
RotoRob Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST, was back again this week, this time featuring the long-time MIA Tim McLeod, RotoRob.com MLB Editor. Naturally, BTR was its usual uncooperative self to begin the show, but once we shook off that shaky opening, we rocked the airwaves.
Among the topics we broached:
- Yet another cursed RotoRob-Tim BTR moment to kick the show off.
- On the plus side, with BTR’s guest lines getting screwed up, we didn’t have any crank callers this week. No Jimmy from New Jersey? What a shame.
- Starlin Castro is suddenly on a hitting rampage.
- We bemoan the slew of injuries to major players already with the anticipation of many more to come.
- Josh Hamilton looked like he was more than all the way back through the first eight games of the season.
- Kole Calhoun has job security for the next couple of months, albeit, in a weaker lineup in which he may not be driven in as often as normal.
- Matt Moore didn’t look good early on, and now we know why.
- Will David Price be dealt given his contract situation?
- We discuss Bud Selig’s latest bonehead move to help mar the 40th anniversary of Hank Aaron’s record breaking blast.
- Tim reminds of us Babe Ruth’s well-known history with drinking.
- Dan Straily has looked really good so far, emerging as a must-own Fantasy asset.
- Ian Desmond has his power game going, but so far, where’s the speed?
- RotoRob slaps himself for setting Tim up for a slam-dunk pun.
- We provide advice to those looking to spend money chasing saves.
- We both really like what we’ve seen out of Anthony Rendon so far this season.
- Tim won’t be surprised if Pedro Alvarez smokes 40-to-45 dingers this year.
- RotoRob is already throwing the Mets’ promises of being a 90-win team back in their faces.
Click the play button below to enjoy all the Fantasy baseball fun and frivolity!
Now it’s your turn. Let us know in the comments below whether you agree with our opinions or not.