Podcast: Yanks Land Hiroki Kuroda and Michael Pineda
January 20, 2012 | | comment on this post
Hey, Hiroki: You’re invited to the Big Apple. But your friends, Raffy and Manny? Not so much.
In this week’s episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball 365 Podcast, Buck, Tim and I turned our attention to the East (well, in fairness, Tim’s attention is pretty much always focused in that direction) as we looked at a trio of Japanese players that found new homes in the past week.
In the course of a half hour, we covered a wide range of topics, including:
- The Yankees, who managed to convert a rotation riddled with question marks into a solid group in the span of about an hour last week, first by penning free agent righty Hiroki Kuroda and then by landing righty Michael Pineda.
- The official signing of Yu Darvish by the Rangers. Is this dude as good as advertised? Tim — shockingly — is ready to bear Yu’s children — while RotoRob cautions not to forget the lessons of recent past.
- What we can expect from new Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Norichika Aoki in his transition to the North American game. Will Nyjer Morgan lose his shit as well as his job?
- Whether Seattle truly got a franchise player or not in acquiring Jesus Montero. The panel is divided on this issue and it will be fascinating to see if the young catcher/DH can have a real impact on Seattle’s limp lineup.
- A lightning round review of the A’s dealing a pair of promising arms to Colorado for Seth Smith.
As always, the 30 minutes whipped by like an icy blast of Northern Ontario wind, but as always — it was not without its share of hilarity. Click the play button below to hear the show in its entirety.