Podcast: Austin Jackson Hits the DL
John Danks is having shoulder issues.
The boys and I were back Thursday, checking in with another episode of RotoRob’s Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio. As always, the week was filled with injuries, promotions, changing roles, mild groin strains and even a Qadry Ismael reference.
In this episode, Buck, Tim and I discussed, among other things:
- John Danks’ shoulder woes and whether they make him cuttable in standard formats.
- The return of Kevin Youkilis, how the Red Sox have integrated him back into the lineup and what the long-term prognosis is with this situation.
- Still with Boston, we looked at the outfield situation, where seven Red Sox flyhawks are on the DL, most recently Cody Ross and Ryan Sweeney. Who’s left standing in Beantown?
- Aroldis Chapman’s ascension to the closer role and whether any secondary save options in Cincy are worth looking at.
- Mark Teixeira’s struggles, whether he’ll come out of it, and if he’s a good buy-low candidate.
- Matt Adams’ opportunities in St. Louis with both Lance Berkman and Matt Carpenter out.
- Josh Bell’s sudden emergence as the everyday third baseman in Arizona and whether that makes him a worthy pickup at a thin position.
- Drew Sutton’s head-spinning week in which he was dealt twice in the span of a day.
- An update on Matt Kemp’s hammie woes and how this may affect his running game for the rest of 2012.
- Rex Brothers’ demotion and what this means as far as his status as a closer of the future.
- Ryan Howard’s current injury status and what this lesson can teach us about overvaluations of injured players on draft day.
- A live listener chat room question about Devin Mesoraco and his playing time situation going forward.
- Alex Cobb’s performance while filling in for the injured Jeff Niemann.
As always, it was a lively discussion with a crapload of valuable Fantasy analysis and advice spewed forth. Now go forth and listen by clicking that funky play button below.