Our war stripes have reached five, as in the number of years we have now worked on RotoMan’s seminal fantasy baseball publication, The Fantasy Baseball Guide, Professional Edition, which celebrates its 10th anniversary this year. Once again, Team RotoRob played a significant role in the creation of this book, as baseball writer Tim McLeod helped out on the project as did our newest member, Herija Green.
If you bring one magazine to your draft this spring, may I suggest you make it the one pictured above? (And no, I don’t make any money by steering you there.) I have poured blood and sweat into this project for half its existence because I believe in it. Here’s why:
- Rookie picks from the experts, discussing which freshmen are the ones to target this season;
- The winners of the huge-ass leagues (like Tout Wars and XFL) let you in on their secrets, providing you with invaluable access to their strategies;
- Extensive cheat sheets including projected values;
- Over 1,500 — yes, you read that right — over 1,500 in-depth profiles, many of which were hand-crafted by yours truly;
- Over 350 picks and pans by the experts, explaining why you should steer clear of this player, but make a beeline for that one;
- An extremely handy list of all the players who are multi-position eligible; and
- The results of an expert mock draft.