Podcast: The State of Philadelphia Sports
Tobias Harris helped set the early tone for the Sixers, but slowed since. (Sports Illustrated)
RotoRob was asked to join the Sports Phanatics News Podcast news this week to talk all things Philadelphia-sports related with host Joe Borek. It was a lively discussion, filled with analysis about what’s going right, but (in typical Philly fashion) mostly what’s going wrong with the sports teams in the City of Brotherly Love.
Among the topics we covered were:
- Why is James Harden shying away from being a scorer?
- Has Toronto’s turnaround in this series been more about Philly’s offense slipping or the Raptors’ D stepping up?
- Our early thoughts on this year’s Phillies.
- Concerns about the bullpen.
- Once Ranger Suarez starts throwing quality strikes again, he’ll be fine.
- How surprised we are that Odubel Herrera is still with the Phillies.
- How big a difference there’s been since the Flyers hired the Kings’ development staff and Daniel Briere.
- The fact that Ryan Ellis wasn’t even in the Flyers’ team photo does not bode well.
- How Sam Morin provided some energy to the Flyers last season before getting hurt yet again.
- Some of the technical details the Flyers need to fix in their game to turn things around.
- Can the team address its depth at the centre position?
- For the sake of team ownership, General Manager Chuck Fletcher keeps calling it an “aggressive retool,” but all his moves keep saying “rebuild.”
- How important it is to nail the draft this year.
You can listen to the full Podcast below.