Podcast: Bullpen Free Agent Frenzy
With Ryan Doumit (left) aboard, the Braves are cornering the market on offensively-gifted and defensively-deficient catchers. (Arich4ryan.site.aplus.net)
RotoRob was once again joined by NFL Writer Vaney Hariri on this week’s episode of RotoRob Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST. We managed to avoid Red Sox-Yankees fisticuffs, we discovered Vaney’s hatred of sports goggles and we managed to talk about plenty of Fantasy baseball related thingies, such as:
- John Axford is going to get another chance to close, this time in Cleveland.
- The trend to giving decent contracts to reclamation projects seems to be picking up.
- Ronald Belisario has a clear path to a top set-up job — and maybe even the closing gig — for the Pale Hose.
- Vaney tries to explain how deep his hatred of sports goggles burns. The Chris Sabo Fan Club is not impressed.
- Yankee fan Vaney concedes that Jacoby Ellsbury was overpaid, but not by much.
- RotoRob bursts the bubble that the Yankees weren’t already transitioning from being a power hitting team last season given that only one player hit as many as 18 jacks.
- In 2012, Jason Kubel was in some rare company with his power. What in the hell happened since then?
- Vaney and RotoRob disagree on Josh Outman’s value as RotoRob thinks Outman’s days as a starter are over.
- Drew Stubbs has the potential to combine for 50 homers and steals, which puts him in rare company.
- Vaney makes a public plea asking Alex Rodriguez to retire.
To hear the show in its entirety and bask in Fantasy baseball goodness, hit that play button below, my peeps.
Want to sound off on what you hear? Do it! Hit us up in the comments below.