Podcast: Marlon Byrd Flies the Coop
Can Marlon Byrd help end the Pirates’ playoff drought?
On this week’s episode of RotoRob Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio, RotoRob Football Editor Josh Johnson filled in for an absent Tim McLeod, and lo and behold — BTR made him Josh feel very much at home as technical issues arose. Super. We muddled through and were able to discuss a boatload of Fantasy baseball topics, including:
- The recently launched RotoRob Fantasy Football Weekly Podcast is getting some great feedback already.
- Marlon Byrd’s home run total is right on track with what we projected earlier in the season.
- RotoRob is skeptical about Matt Harvey’s ability to dodge Tommy John surgery.
- Matt Thornton got off to a nice start this year, but a reduced role has restricted his value.
- The Tigers can really put the Indians away this weekend.
- Grant Balfour suffered a rare blown save for the A’s.
- Eric Young Jr. seems to have found himself a home in New York with the Mets.
- Gio Gonzalez is having some control issues lately, but it didn’t hurt him Thursday.
- Despite a lost season, the Brewers have some exciting things going on in the second half with the play of some promising youngsters.
- Our prognostication to avoid Hiroki Kuroda this week proved prescient.
Thanks so much to Josh for filling in for Tim. Listen to the show in its entirety by clicking the play button below.