Podcast: Attack of the Kiddie Corps
J.J. Hardy is back on the disabled list, giving him more time for extracurricular activities, yet the Twins keep rolling.
Saturday afternoon, Tim McLeod and I guested on Steve Parson’s show for RotoCommunity MLB Fantasy Talk show, and as expected much of the discussion focused on the proliferation of big-name prospects that have descended on the majors in the past couple of weeks. What a time it is for prospect watchers, as some of the most highly-anticipated young talents are arriving in the Show in droves.
Among the topics we discussed:
- A rundown of the current division races, including the big surprises in the NL East and AL East.
- How David Aardsma’s owners are fretting.
- Some players that could be moved at the deadline and how that might affect Fantasy values.
- Philadelphia’s mysteriously vanishing offense and how Roy Halladay continues to be snakebit by a lack of run support.
- The woeful situation in Baltimore.
We covered all this ground as well as looking at key prospects who have already showed such as Jake Arrieta, Stephen Strasburg (perhaps you’ve already heard a thing or two about him?), Mike Stanton and Carlos Santana and those that may arrive soon like Jeremy Hellickson, Desmond Jennings and Josh Bell.
You can hear the entirety of this lively discussion by clicking the play button below.