Podcast: AFC Draft Breakdown
Losing Robert Mathis is a major burn for Indy. (Profootballfocus.com)
On this week’s episode of RotoRob Fantasy Football Weekly Podcast, heard every Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio.com, Nick Wagner and Josh Johnson were joined by Trent Davis of Spoonfedsports.com as they discussed which undrafted free agent signees will make NFL rosters. Also Josh’s 10-year old son Henry Johnson stops by to talk about his dear Patriots. Oh, and we broke down the draft for all the AFC squads.
Among the topics we discussed:
- Drew Brees gets a big weapon in Brandon Coleman.
- Trent reminds us that 124 undrafted players appeared in NFL games last season.
- Colt Lyerla will get his chance with the Packers.
- What will the Vikings do with Kain Colter?
- Who is Connor Shaw and should Johnny Manziel be worried?
- The Robert Mathis suspension cripples the Colts to start the season.
- The Browns sign Miles Austin and Earl Bennett.
- Raiders sign Greg Little… we guess Cleveland didn’t need him?
- Justin Gilbert has some question marks — good luck, Cleveland!
- Does the Donte Moncrief pick mean Reggie Wayne is not going to be healthy for the start of season.
- Henry agrees that RB James White will carve up NFL defenses.
- Calvin Pryor will be a Pro Bowler for years to come for the Jets.
- Derek Carr will sit, watch and hopefully learn this season.
- Bishop Sankey is the next great Fantasy football running back.
- Nick rants about Andre Johnson’s demands while Josh takes a slightly counter stance.
To hear the Podcast in its entirety, simply press the play button below.
RotoRob Fantasy Football Podcast now goes on hiatus until the first week of July, but don’t worry — we’ll have plenty of football content, as we continue to dissect the draft and start to put together the 2014 RotoRob NFL Draft Kit.