Interview: Jose Canseco
One of baseball’s biggest sluggers — and most controversial players — from the late ’80s/early ’90s will headline a new Las Vegas show designed to give sports fans a truly intimate and interactive experience with their heroes.
Renegades, a show that launches on Thursday January 25 at Cleopatra’s Barge, a 180-seat theatre insider Caesars Palace, will feature some polarizing former star players such as Jose Canseco, Jim McMahon, Terrell Owens and Jimmy King.
Each athlete will recount little known tales from their career and then field questions from the fans, with the promise that nothing is off limits.
Two-time World Series winner Canseco, for his part, is fully expecting fans to forgo the easy questions and go right after the sensitive issues. RotoRob had a chance to chat with the original Bash Brother about the show, his opinions about Fantasy sports and some of his career highlights.
Among the topics Canseco addressed:
- How this show will help fans understand the psychology of athletes;
- How excited he is to meet T.O. for the first time;
- Becoming the first player in history to hit 40 homers and steal 40 bases in a season;
- Who in the game today most resembles him; and
- How he’s been blackballed by organized ball, which is an impediment to him reaching his dream.
Now it’s your turn. Let us know in the comments below what your favourite Canseco moment is.
Save $1 on the 2018 Fantasy Baseball Guide
Buy the 2018 Fantasy Baseball Guide online, use promo code Rob18 and save yourself a buck. Do it. Do it now.