Week 13 Wide Receiver Rankings
The Cards are not going to be able to shut down Braylon Edwards this week.
1. Randy Moss at Baltimore– Ron Jaworski claimed that Moss took plays off Sunday against the Eagles. Well, what a shock, Ron. If you don’t get him the ball, he becomes disinterested. This is not a newsflash. The Ravens may have a bounty on Jaws’s head for that statement after Monday night. Look for Moss to prove his detractors wrong.
2. Braylon Edwards at Arizona– Edwards is a bit banged up, but if relatively healthy, he’ll give the Cards a collective headache all day.
3. Larry Fitzgerald vs. Cleveland– As a part of Kurt Warner’s monster passing day last week, Fitz came away with two touchdowns. This week, he faces one of the worst defenses in the league. He’ll benefit greatly against the Browns.
4. Andre Johnson at Tennessee – Albert Haynesworth rule in effect. If he plays, Johnson’s impact could be dimmed since the Titans play like the ’85 Bears when he’s in the lineup. If the big guy doesn’t play, Johnson could be the top receiver of the week not named Randy Moss.
5. Reggie Wayne vs. Jacksonville– Typically, Peyton Manning has struggled against the Jags. The same could be said about Wayne. Yet, this time Marvin Harrison will not be around to help, so most of the pressure will once again fall on the shoulders of Wayne.
6. Hines Ward vs. Cincinnati– Cincy’s average defense will be no match for the Steelers…if the field cooperates.
7. Wes Welker at Baltimore– I’m still waiting for the Eagles to cover him.
8. T.J. Houshmandzadeh at Pittsburgh– Finally, Chad Johnson woke up and had a big game last week. We’ll see if Johnson’s success will hurt the production of Housh.
9. Anquan Boldin vs. Cleveland– Boldin’s season never got back on track after he returned from injury. The Browns could be just what the doctor ordered.
10. Marques Colston vs. Tampa Bay– He’s allllllllive!
11. Chad Johnson at Pittsburgh– I’m interested to hear what John Madden says about Johnson on Sunday night. Despite last week, Johnson remains one of the season’s biggest disappointments at wide receiver.
12. Joey Galloway at New Orleans
13. Brandon Marshall at Oakland
14. Bobby Engram at Philadelphia
15. Plaxico Burress at Chicago
16. Torry Holt vs. Atlanta