Week Five Wide Receiver Rankings
1. Randy Moss vs. Cleveland “ Moss is a scoring machine so far and one of fantasy’s most consistent players this season. Best wishes, Cleveland.
2. Terrell Owens at Buffalo “ You wonder if T.O. is fuming a bit looking at the way Moss has started the season.
3. Steve Smith at New Orleans ” Even though David Carr is at quarterback, Jason David is on the field for the Saints. When the Saints have given up a big pass play this season, David is somewhere nearby.
4. Reggie Wayne vs. Tampa Bay “ Marvin Harrison might miss the game with a knee injury, and this may be music to the ears of Wayne owners.
5. Donald Driver vs. Chicago ” Brett Favre is a man on fire and Driver could succeed against an injury-riddled Bears’ defense.
6. Plaxico Burress vs. NY Jets ” Burress has six touchdown catches despite less than thrilling yardage totals. He’s on his way to another double-digit touchdown season.
7. Larry Fitzgerald at St. Louis “ Fitz played big last week against the Steelers. Without Anquan Boldin in the lineup a second straight week potentially, he could be in store for another big game.
8. Braylon Edwards at New England “ This is one of those garbage time rankings. There is a likelihood that the Browns will get smoked and have to throw a lot to stay in it. Enter Edwards, who has made plenty of big plays so far.
9. Roy Williams at Washington ” Williams only gained 53 yards a week ago against Chicago’s secondary. He needs a better performance to give Detroit its first win against the Redskins in 20 tries at Washington.
10. Torry Holt vs. Arizona ” I think Gus Frerotte playing will actually benefit Holt in the short term. A banged up Marc Bulger has looked awful. Why would a coach continuously play a quarterback with two broken ribs?
11. Marvin Harrison vs. Tampa Bay ” Monitor his knee injury before starting him.
12. Santonio Holmes vs. Seattle ” Holmes had his first 100-yard game last week. Look for his improvement to continue with Hines Ward ailing.
13. Chris Chambers at Houston “ Hi, I’m Chris Chambers. You may remember me. I was a good wide receiver a couple of seasons ago.
14. Joey Galloway at Indy “ Father Time will face the seventh-ranked pass defense in the NFL. Indy’s defense is playing well, so proceed with caution.
15. Jerricho Cotchery at NY Giants ” I’d rank Cotchery and Laveranues Coles higher if Chad Pennington could actually pony up and throw the football effectively.
16. Lee Evans vs. Dallas “ He’s another fantasy star from last season that has been in the witness protection program in 2007. Dallas has not been as susceptible to the big play as they were last season.
17. Laveranues Coles at NY Giants “ Sorry, Jets’ fans. You need a new quarterback.
18. Dwayne Bowe vs. Jacksonville ” Welcome to the party, Dwayne. Now if only your quarterback wasn’t Damon Huard or Brodie Croyle.
19. Deion Branch at Pittsburgh “ Remember when people said Branch was missed in New England? For some reason I don’t hear that anymore. I wonder why?
20. Greg Jennings vs. Chicago ” He has a hamstring issue, so be careful.
The best of the rest