NFL Sunday Observations
October 7, 2007 | | comment on this post
Rob likes to do these, so I feel as though I must try one.
- Cleo Lemon is not good, and the fact I am talking about him is very bad for Chris Chambers.
- Pick two: LaDainian Tomlinson, Frank Gore, Willie Parker, Willis McGahee, Maurice Jones-Drew, Michael Turner. That was the challenge for my dynasty league team. Yes, I’m loaded at running back. Yes, I picked the wrong two (Jones-Drew and Turner as it turned out) and yes, I lost. Sometimes, I hate football.
- Tom Brady doesn’t need Randy Moss! The quarterback threw three scores without Moss getting in on the action. Ben Watson was the receiver du jour today.
- The Coors Light commercials are woefully disappointing. I’d rather watch subliminal advertising (not that I would know it if I was watching it).
- For some reason, the 49ers’ running game is nowhere near where it was last year. And this has nothing to do with the passing game. Maybe the offense peaked in 2006.
- Dwayne Bowe might be the best rookie wide out the NFL has seen since, well, Marques Colston. Or maybe Anquan Boldin. If only someone saw this coming. Yes, I’m awesome.
- I can’t really talk about Larry Johnson because of how much I talked about him already this year. And I never say “I told you so.” It’s just not my style.
- Chris Cooley is the king of players you thought did nothing, until you review the stats at the end of the day. He scored a touchdown? When did this happen? I was watching the game.
- The demise of Torry Holt was staved off thanks to Gus Frerotte. And I’m done because that’s a sentence I never thought I’d have to write.