Interview: Bernie Nicholls
We recently had the opportunity to talk to former NHL star Bernie Nicholls, who scored 1,209 points in 1,127 career games over 17 seasons with six different teams, mostly with the Los Angeles Kings.
Nicholls recently got involved with The Global Finance Sports Financial Exchange, a stock market powered by blockchain technology that, instead of selling shares in companies, allows investors the opportunity to buy “shares” of professional sports teams. Stock prices fluctuate based on wins/losses, draft picks and trades.
The company is headed by actor Zack Ward of A Christmas Story fame.
Nicholls told us all about the business and shared with us plenty of juicy details about his playing career. Among the highlights of our discussion:
- How investors can use their sports knowledge to make money in this stock market;
- Nicholls says you’ll get just as much excitement using their platform as you will gambling on games or playing Fantasy sports;
- What was different during his historic 70-goal, 150-point season;
- How many talented players he was fortunate enough to play with over his career, including the criminally underrated Scott Niedermayer;
- His pet peeves in today’s game such as the little elbows to the head or cheap shots from behind; and
- His picks for this season’s Stanley Cup champ, including his sleeper pick — the Kings.
To hear interview in its entirety, simply click here.
Now it’s your turn. Let us know in the comments below what your favourite memory of Bernie Nicholls’ career was.
Save $1 on the 2018 Fantasy Baseball Guide
Buy the 2018 Fantasy Baseball Guide online, use promo code Rob18 and save yourself a buck. Do it. Do it now.