Matt Garza came out early Wednesday with a bruised ego… er… thumb. (Host.madison.com)
This week on RotoRob Fantasy Baseball Weekly Podcast, heard every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Blogtalkradio, RotoRob was joined by Joel Henard, owner of The Fantasy Insiders, who brought with him a bevy of anecdotes that made for a very entertaining show. Hell, even his wife listened to the whole thing!
Among the topics we covered were:
- Next week only, the Fantasy Baseball Podcast will switch times with the Fantasy Football Podcast (Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. EST), so that our pigskin peeps can cover the NFL draft live.
- RotoRob expounds the virtues of Storify.
- Nothing in Martin Perez’s advanced statistics tell us he’s going to crash and burn.
- We are surprised by how many games Brandon Webb won before injuries suddenly ended his career.
- There is a massive opportunity to scoop Jose Quintana off the wire and roll with him.
- RotoRob helps Joel rationalize taking an owner to the bank with a recent trade.
- Dan Haren earned a win despite less than stellar command.
- Defense does matter to Fantasy owners only in so much as a player playing his way out of a position.
- Gregory Polanco is on his way, and sharp Fantasy owners are stashing him already.
- Tony Sanchez has had to overcome a lot to get to where he is now.
- Robbie Ray will make his MLB debut for the Tigers on Tuesday.
- Devin Mesoraco is making progress from his hamstring injury.
- Tim McLeod’s land-standing push to make holds a staple of all leagues.
To hear the Podcast in its entirety, simply click the pointy thingy below.
Now it’s your turn. Let us know in the comments below whether you agree with our assertions or not.