1. Brian Westbrook vs. Bears – Westbrook has been on top of his game, even if the rest of the Eagles’ offense hasn’t been. The Bears’ defense has been decimated by injuries and there’s no reason Westy can’t combine for 150 total yards and a score or two.
2. Adrian Peterson @ Cowboys – No one can bet against him. I am worried about how he’ll react to being the guy other teams gameplan against, but he’ll get his either way.
3. Maurice Jones-Drew vs. Colts – In his two career games against the Colts, Jones-Drew has two 100-yard rushing games and three total touchdowns. Yes, he’s still sharing carries, but there’s no reason he can’t make a huge fantasy splash.
4. Willie Parker @ Broncos – The Broncos’ run defense ain’t what it used to be. Parker seems to be losing goal line carries to someone named Najeh, but I’m confident the long runs will come back.
5. Willis McGahee @ Bills – Hey, a rushing touchdown! Way to go Willis! Now, just, if you could do it again. And, maybe do it a couple times in this one? And tack on some extra yards? Yeah, we’ll be best friends again in no time flat.
6. Frank Gore @ Giants – Here’s hoping the bye week did Gore some good. I think maybe he needed to get away from it all for a week. If Jerious Norwood can make the Giants defense look silly, Gore should be in line for a big week.
7. Joseph Addai @ Jaguars – All systems are go for Addai, but the Colts have always had some trouble running against the Jaguars. Don’t expect a huge game here, but 80 yards and a score could be in the cards.
8. Ronnie Brown vs. Patriots – There are a couple questions with Brown. First, can he run well against a stout Patriots’ team? Next, will the departure of Chris Chambers put more pressure on him?
9. Edgerrin James @ Redskins – According to CBSSportsline, Cardinals QB Kurt Warner has settled on a combination of tape and a brace to hold his injured elbow in place. Anyone think James will carry the ball 40 times in this one?
10. Larry Johnson @ Raiders – And moving along…
11. Reggie Bush vs. Falcons – Bush is showing that he’s more than just a glorified Larry Centers. He’s become a safe weekly play, which is more than anyone could say about him at any point last year.
12. Clinton Portis vs. Cardinals – Portis is limping right through this season. He is still the most talented back the Redskins have, so there’s really no question why they keep giving him the ball. He might even have a score against Arizona. I don’t know why, it just feels like a Portis touchdown game.
13. LaMont Jordan vs. Chiefs – Monitor the Health Situation (MTHS).
14. Marshawn Lynch vs. Ravens – Poor Lynch. He’s had a terrible schedule and now he gets to play Ray Lewis and the angry Ravens’ defense. I still think he’s worth trading for as his schedule does get easier.
15. Shaun Alexander vs. Rams – MTHS.
16. Laurence Maroney @ Dolphins – MTHS.
17. Rudi Johnson vs. Jets – MTHS.
18. Marion Barber vs. Vikings – Bad matchup for a running back by committee guy.
19. Ahman Green vs. Titans – If you’re wondering who has the best run defense in the league, it’s actually the Titans. Green is coming back from injury and this is clearly not the best situation to use him in. I still think he could chip in some receiving statistics.
20. Jerious Norwood @ Saints – Wouldn’t it be great if the Falcons just bit the bullet and gave Norwood 25 touches a game? In fact, I’d settle for him just getting 10 runs. Is that really too much to ask for?
21. Cedric Benson @ Eagles – As poorly as Benson has played, he has had a bit of a tough schedule to deal with. Unfortunately, the Eagles are somewhat stingy themselves, ranking ninth against the run. Avoid Benson if you can help it.
22. Thomas Jones @ Bengals – I was sitting here trying to figure out what to write about Jones when I got distracted by my own hands. It took me about 15 seconds to regain focus. Does anyone else understand why I despise the boringness that is Jones?
23. Travis Henry vs. Steelers – So, wait, he’s not suspended yet? It’s as if you are a white-collar criminal, and you know you have to go to jail in a couple days for a while. The bad times are coming and there’s nothing you can do about it. Bad, naughty company executives.
24. Earnest Graham @ Lions – Michael Bennett is in town, but it might take him some time to get acclimated. In the meantime, Graham will get the carries against a bad Lions’ defense. This is terrible.
25.Jim Brown – I’d take him over the other backs left. In fact, I’d take him before Graham too.